Thursday, April 09, 2020

Count it all Joy

Today’s Devotional - March 28, 2020 

This is a series of messages from the time of isolation during the COVID19 Response in Oregon, United States. 

Yesterday, Nic pointed at James 1:2-4, “Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.”

You’ll need to listen to the recording at pedeechurch.podbean.com to hear why this passage is important to Nic. Here, I’ll point at the progression that ties trials to something good. 

Trials, struggles, reaching the end of ourselves… is the place where our faith is tested. Remember, faith is not just what we believe. Faith is substance of what we hope for and the evidence of what we can’t see right now (Hebrews 11:1). Struggles lead us to the place where we discover what ground is actually solid. We put our feet on that solid ground and we learn to stand in confidence because we know we can trust our footing. You’ll find solid footing in Christ. Trust His word. Know His voice. 

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time He may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you. - 1 Peter 5:6-7  

Today’s Song: Church (Take Me Back)
By Cochran & Co.

There was a time that I swore I would never go back
I was blind to the truth didn't know what I had
I was running I was searching
But ev'ry place I turned for healing
Left me more broken than the last

Take me back
To the place that feels like home
To the people I can depend on
To the faith that's in my bones
Take me back to a preacher and a verse
Where they've seen me at my worst
To the love I had at first
Oh I want to go to church

Tried to walk on my own but I wound up lost
Now I'm making my way to the foot of the cross
It's not a trophy for the winners
It's a shelter for the sinners
And it's right where I belong

Oh more than an obligation it's our foundation
The fam'ly of God
I know it's hard but we need each other
We're sisters and brothers oh

Yeah I want to go to church
Oh I want to go want to go I want to go
Oh I want to go to church
Oh I want to go to church



No comments:

Post a Comment