Thursday, April 09, 2020

Rock of Safety

Devotional March 21, 2020 

This is a series of messages from the time of isolation during the COVID19 Response in Oregon, United States. 

Imagine Christ as our foundation. He is the Rock that is our place of safety, our refuge in times of trouble. Today, I invite you to imagine yourself tied to the Rock of Christ as if vines have come from the Rock and wrapped tightly around you to hold you safe. The vines are the fruit of the Spirit; love, joy peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. (Galatians 5:22-23)
It’s worth noting, there can be no law against these. 

My prayer for each of you today is that you would allow the Holy Spirit to bring that fruit in your life. Let’s prayer together, out loud; “Father God, thank You for this day that You have made. I choose to rejoice and be glad today because of Your goodness. I choose to remain grounded in Christ today. Please, Father, fill me with Your Holy Spirit and the fruit of Your Spirit today - love, joy peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Help me to walk moment by moment with You and that You would be revealed in me today. Thank You for rest today. Amen. 

“I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in Me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.” - John 15:5 (ESV)


A Song for today

This song is from David Crowder’s Album, “American Prodigal”

Shepherd: 
The Lord my portion; I shall not want; The Lord my comfort; I shall not fear
Yea, though I walk through the valley low; Yeah, though the path gets steep
Surely goodness will follow me; Every promise will be light to my feet
When my heart is prone to wandering; Jesus You shepherd me

The Lord my keeper; I stand secure; The Lord my healer; Your love endures; Yea, though I walk through the valley low; Yeah though the path gets steep; Surely goodness will follow me; Every promise will be light to my feet; When my heart is prone to wandering; Jesus You shepherd me

And I will dwell for all my days; In the shadow of Your relentless grace
And I will dwell for all my days; In Your presence; Your presence!
Surely goodness will follow me; Every promise will be light to my feet; When my heart is prone to wandering; Jesus You shepherd me


Surely goodness will follow me; Every promise will be light to my feet; When my heart is prone to wandering; Surely goodness will follow me; Every promise will be light to my feet; When my heart is prone to wandering; Jesus You shepherd me; Oh my Jesus, You shepherd me

No comments:

Post a Comment